AmericanVeteran.org respects the intellectual property rights of others and is committed to complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). This DMCA takedown policy outlines the steps to report copyright infringement on our website and the actions we take to address such infringements.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used or shared on AmericanVeteran.org without your permission, please provide our designated agent with a written notification ("DMCA Notice") containing the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, along with information reasonably sufficient to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please send the DMCA Notice to our designated agent:
Designated Agent for DMCA Notices
[City, State, Zip Code]
Actions Upon Receipt of a Valid DMCA Notice
Upon receiving a valid DMCA Notice, we will take the following actions:
- We will promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material.
- We will notify the user who posted the allegedly infringing material, providing them with a copy of the DMCA Notice and the opportunity to submit a counter-notification.
If you believe that your material was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may submit a counter-notification to our designated agent. Your counter-notification should include:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that was removed or to which access was disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or the federal district courts located in [Name of the Jurisdiction], if your address is outside the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the DMCA Notice or an agent of such person.
AmericanVeteran.org may terminate the accounts of users who are determined to be repeat infringers of copyrighted material.
For questions or concerns regarding this DMCA Takedown Policy, please contact our designated agent at the address provided above.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to update and revise this DMCA Takedown Policy as needed. Please check this policy periodically for changes.